How You Can Help
How You Can Help
No matter your age or level of giving, there is a need for your helping hands and willing heart to support children statewide. Some of the many ways individuals and groups get involved include:
Thanks for Giving
This holiday season and all year long, there are so many ways to give to others and we want to thank you for all you have done to help support local children and their families through the Ronald McDonald House Charities of North Carolina (RMHC of NC).
Whether it’s spare change in one of our donation boxes at your local McDonald’s or purchasing a hand during their annual Give A Hand fundraiser, your support has made a big difference for North Carolina families through community grants, scholarships and the local Ronald McDonald Houses and Ronald McDonald House Family Rooms.
Another way you can give the gift of family is through our Thanks for Giving fundraiser. From November 23 - December 14, you can donate $1 at participating McDonald’s to support RMHC of NC and the six Ronald McDonald Houses in North Carolina, located in Chapel Hill, Charlotte, Winston-Salem, Durham and two in Greenville.
Healing starts with family, so your donations are giving those seriously ill or injured children the best medicine of all.
- Help with guest services and meal preparation, minor repairs, special events fundraising or arts/crafts activities at one of the six Ronald McDonald Houses. Contact your local Ronald McDonald House to learn more about how you can help.
- Through monetary gifts, in-kind donations or volunteering, our corporate sponsors have been a vital part of helping us deliver comfort and care to children and their families. To learn more about Corporate Donor opportunities, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
RMHC of NC License Plate Campaign
- For every RMHC of NC license plate sold and renewed, $20 will be donated to RMHC of NC. All of the proceeds will stay in our state and support the Ronald McDonald Houses in Charlotte, Winston-Salem, Durham, Chapel Hill and Greenville. The plate design features the RMHC “House and Hands” trademarked logo with “Ronald McDonald House Charities” as displayed in the image below.
- If you have questions about an application you have already submitted, please contact Becky Ogburn at McKeeman Public Relations (email@example.com or 800.806.0977, ext. 4).
- If you are interested in an RMHC of NC license plate, please complete an application.
Other Ways to Get Involved:
- Partner with your local Ronald McDonald House. A great way to support Ronald McDonald House Charities is to partner with your local House for giving opportunities. Contact your local Ronald McDonald House to learn about specific ways you can volunteer or contribute.
- Canisters at McDonald's Restaurants. All North Carolina McDonald's restaurants have collection canisters near registers or drive-thru windows. Your spare change quickly adds up; last year, we raised over $400,000 to help families in communities across the state.
- Find a McDonald's near you. To find a North Carolina McDonald's near you, visit www.mcnorthcarolina.com.
- Pop-Tab Collection Program. Many Ronald McDonald Houses in the U.S. work with local recycling centers to raise money by collecting tabs from aluminum cans. You can start a collection at your workplace, school, community center or church. To find out more about starting a Pop-Tab Collection in your area, contact your local Ronald McDonald House.
- Through Your Social Network of Friends. Don't keep the joy of giving to yourself. Share your passion for the Ronald McDonald House Charities by inviting friends to join the cause. To find out more about creating an on-line campaign for caring, visit your favorite social networking site or check us out on Facebook.