Heartbeat: Benefit App, 2017 in review
To celebrate our last Heartbeat edition of 2017, we wanted to take a look back on the impact this year had on our seven local Houses and the families who needed them most. Although we aren’t able to recap all of the positive things that happened this year, we wanted to provide a few of our favorites to reflect on:
- The Ronald McDonald House of Durham & Wake celebrated 36 years since they first opened their doors
- Bryson, a heart transplant patient staying with the Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte, had the experience of a lifetime seeing Charlotte from above in the Walmart blimp
- GM Financial donated brand new vehicles to the Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte and the Ronald McDonald House of Durham & Wake as a part of their Cool Cars for Remarkable Kids program.
The Ronald McDonald House of Eastern NC broke ground on a 10,000 sq. ft. expansion, estimated to be complete in Spring 2018
- The Ronald McDonald House of Chapel Hill celebrated Shelley Day’s retirement after 21 years of service to the House – and welcomed new executive director Liz Snyder
- RMHC of NC joined Amazon Smile, allowing supporters to fundraise simply by shopping on Amazon
- The Ronald McDonald House of Winston-Salem renovated 17 bedrooms and bathrooms, and for the first time, provided more than 8,000 family nights of service
You can support RMHC of NC and help share all of the ways our communities came together to support so many! Just click the social media icons below.
You Shop. Benefit Gives. Everyone wins.
With the Benefit App, you can use digital gift cards for everyday shopping and fund RMHC of NC at the same time. So how does it work? Simply purchase a gift card on the app, and it will be delivered within seconds to your phone’s mobile app for immediate in-store redemption. Each purchase earns up to a 20% rebate that is sent to RMHC of NC.
With the beginning of each new year, we like to provide a greater look back on the progress we’ve made as partners in providing a home away from home. For a deeper look, please check out the 2016 RMHC of NC Annual Report, available here.